Are you interested in working in Canada? Or do you want to explore more opportunities in faraway Canada? It is essential for all foreign nationals and skilled workers to work and contribute to the Canadian economy. They also have to obtain a work visa for that. Canada offers a variety of work permits based on your occupation and reason for entering the country.
What is a Canada Work Permit?
A Canada Work Permit is a mandatory authorization that allows eligible people from other countries to work in Canada for a certain period. People usually apply for this permit after getting a job offer from Canada.
What Are The Types Of Work Permit?
Register your business in Canada todayGET STARTED
- Open Work Permit
- Employer Specific Work Permit
1. Open Work Permit:
The immigration office (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada, IRCC) provides an open work permit to immigrants who want to work in Canada for an employer for a specific period.
Subcategories of Work Permit:
- Restricted permits
- un-restricted permits
This permit allows you to work for a specific job and gives you the freedom to explore Canada and work in different places.
This permit gives you the freedom to work for any employer in any occupation and location.
Criteria for Open Work Permit:
- If you are a permanent resident in Canada and applied to an office in Canada.
- If you are a temporary resident permit holder.
- If you are a younger worker that seems to be participating in some special programs.
- If you are dependent on some permanent resident applicant.
- If you are a refugee, a candidate of refugee status, or a protected individual.
2. Employer Specific Work Permit:
This permit is granted to those foreign nationals who have previously received a job offer in Canada. With the help of this permit, you can work with specific employers, including information of the employer's name, period of the job, and place of work, among other things.
Criteria for Specific Work Permit:
- Name of the specific employer you are working with.
- Time duration of your employment.
- The location of your employment office.
What is The Eligible Criteria For Work Permit?
GET NOTIFIED WHEN NEW ARTICLES ARRIVE
- You need to provide proof to the immigration department of Canada that you will leave Canada after the permit expires.
- Make sure to prove to the immigration department that you are financially stable to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada.
- You should make sure not to cause any danger to Canada's security.
- You should be healthy and have a medical exam (if needed).
- You should be clean from any criminal activity.
What Are The Documents Required For Work Permit?
It is necessary to keep the documents ready. The list of documents required for applying Canada work permit are:
- Your passport
- Passport size photo
- All necessary educational documents
- Professional qualification documents
- Medical certificate
- Proof of payment of application fee
Four Steps to Apply For a Work Permit:
1. Ensure your Eligibility:
Confirm you are qualified to apply for a work permit. Meet the requirements needed for the work permit program.
2. Revise the Required Documents:
When you apply for a work permit program, make sure you submit your document with all the essential materials.
3. Complete your Work Permit Application Form:
Completing forms online would be a better option because it will save time and money. Apply online if you are applying through:
- Global Skill Stratergy
- International Experience Canada Program
4. Submit your Documents:
After reviewing your documents carefully, submit your forms. Ensure all your payments before submitting your paperwork to avoid any delays.
Let's wrap it up!
Work permits, which the Canadian government grants, are required in most circumstances for foreign nationals who wish to work in Canada. If you are still wondering whether you are eligible for a work permit or how to obtain the necessary documents, Yogi & Associates will be pleased to help you get your work permit. Our professionals will explain the entire process, standards, processing time, and other essential details to apply for Canada Work Permit. So feel free to contact Yogi & Associates!