The Covid-19 pandemic has turned your businesses upside down. So how to save your businesses from these crises? Don’t worry, we got you! Yogi & Associates will provide guidelines to apply for Canada worker lockdown benefit program and get approved for this program by fulfilling their requirements.
What is CWLB?
The Canadian Federal government has taken the initiative by introducing a new benefits program called Canada worker lockdown benefit (CWLB) to support individuals affected by continuous lockdown due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us. --Julia Cameron.
How does it work?
The CWLB started on Oct 24, 2021, and is available until May 7, 2022. The program will provide $300 per week, $270 after taxes like income support to qualified workers for this benefit program only if they have lost 50% or more of their income due to the covid-19 crisis.
“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”- Sun Tzu.
10 Guidelines Applying For CWLB:
You can get this benefit program as long as you work in a lockdown region. Criteria to apply for this program include the following points:
- You have submitted your taxes in 2020.
- You are unemployed due to pandemic crisis.
- You earned nearly $5000 in 2020, 2021, or in the past 12 months before the day, you apply for this program.
- Your age is 15 or more than that.
- You are self-employed but cannot continue the work due to covid lockdown.
- You are employed or self-employed but have lost 50% or less than that in your average weekly income compared to the previous year.
- You have valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- The region where you work is under Covid-19 lockdown pandemic.
- You are not receiving benefits from these programs already: Employment Insurance Benefits (IE), Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB), Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB), Québec Parental Insurance Program (QPIP), Short Term Disability Benefits.
- You live in Canada.
5 Steps Of When To Apply For CWLB:
You can apply online through “CRA My Account” or via phone and must use it within 60 days of you being unemployed. Following are the conditions to apply:
- You have to apply for each week to get paid. After that, the process for re-applying will be the same as before.
- You have to make sure that you are still eligible for this program when you apply for the second time.
- You should provide all the additional information CRA requires from you.
- If you apply online, it will take 3-5 business days to receive payment.
- If you have applied via mail, payment is supposed to arrive 10-12 business days.
Let’s wrap it up!
"If you show people the problems and you show people the solutions, they will be moved to act." Bill gates.
If you are facing a downfall in your company due to Covid-19, Yogi & Associates can assist you in making better ways to save your company from the crisis as much as possible. We will make sure you get all the knowledge and understanding of this CWLP program to deal with. We are here for you to guide you in making wise decisions related to your business growth and development.